TSSP: List Archives

From: "Malcolm Watts"
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:04:56 +1300
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Surprising secondary voltage profiles

On 19 Oct 00, at 23:47, Paul wrote:

> Yup, we really do need some unequivocal V profile measurements,
> I hope all you experimenters out there are getting down to the
> job. Us 'theory guys' need to be brought down a peg or two now
> and then, and unassailable measurements are a good way to do that.
>
> I reckon the measurement can be approached in more than one way,
> but short of tapping into the coil, its going to be some sort of
> field  measurement, its just a choice between close-in and far-out
> probing. My vote goes for the close-in approach as there are
> fewer unknown quantities involved.

Agree. Once my new sig gen is up and running I will once again
be in a posn to obtain some meaningful msmts. Meantime, I
suggest to others that a useful control for any probing is to
far-monitor the resonator e-field using a small scope aerial
and look for any change in frequency and/or amplitude as a
first order check on the perturbance caused by any close-in
probing.

Regards,
Malcolm