TSSP: List Archives

From: FutureT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 14:36:40 EDT
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Topload breakout potentials

--part1_9c.2007d798.2a155638_boundary

In a message dated 5/16/02 1:53:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
paul@abelian.demon.co.uk writes:

> Thanks for the details on the primary winding, that's very helpful.
> I'll work through those this evening.
>
> John wrote:
> >  I seem to see about 220kHz which doesn't seem correct.
>
> For the larger toroid, that sounds a bit high.  I've had to
> guess a few things...can you measure the secondary inductance?
>
> Paul,

I remeasured the resonant frequency.  I had a bad connection
at the base of the secondary.  Now I get a resonant frequency
measurement of 147kHz, according to my scope using the
6" x 24" toroid.  The secondary inductance is 36.7mH.
About 70 turns per inch.

Thanks,
John