TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:12:40 -0600
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Modeling with ANSOFT

Hi Marco,

E-Tesla lays out the coil and various parts on an x-y grid and then
computes the resulting voltage profiles by long iterations.  The C-code is
included with that, so maybe you could add the new parts you need and
recompile it without much trouble.  You may also want to look at the BELA
E-field program:

http://femm.foster-miller.net/download.htm

It takes a little while to pick up on how the program works, but it is
super powerful and free ;-)  It can do almost any 2-D situation.  It may
distort the numbers some from a true cylindrical calculation but probably
pretty close.