TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 15:20:44 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Pauls new software

Bryan  wrote:

> Does the UNIX version integrate with Beowulf yet?

Hmm, yes and no. Yes in the sense that several tsim can be
scattered across processors, each working a separate range
of frequencies. I have my own scripts using rsh to do this,
but with some small alterations to tsim, utilities such as
mpirun could also be used.

But no, in the sense that running tsim on a Beowulf cluster
has no advantage over an ordinary network-of-workstations
cluster, since the simulation for each frequency is computed
independently of the others.

The same is not necessarily true of tlap, which is just
the kind of application which can exploit the beowulf
architecture. An earlier version of tlap did use shared
memory on SMP which is then runnable using DIPC, but I took
this out to make it more portable. I'd quite like to give this
a try but I want to make tlap tidier and work properly first.

Regards,