TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:54:54 -0600
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Q mesurements

Hi Paul,

	OK, I redid the Q measurements with a <0.5 ohm signal generator and
measured peak voltage instead of RMS.  So I "think" I did it right this
time ;-)  I put the signal generator and a tiny antenna near to the base of
the coil out of necessity but they should not have had any great effect.
These are still for the familiar Big LTR coil.

45 inch Torroid coil:
Fl2 = 97.28 kHz
Fo  = 	97.84 kHz
Fh2 = 98.45 kHz
Q = 83.62

Bare coil:
Fl2 = 147.1 kHz
Fo  = 	148.4 kHz
Fh2 = 149.7 kHz
Q = 57.08

I then took my trusty knife and slashed my foil ground plane right down the
center with only the center connecting both halves...

45 inch Torroid coil:
Fl2 = 96.55 kHz
Fo  = 	97.2 kHz
Fh2 = 97.92 kHz
Q = 70.95

Bare coil:
Fl2 = 145.5 kHz
Fo  = 	147.1 kHz
Fh2 = 148.5 kHz
Q = 49.03

I remeasured the secondary's inductance at 75.1mH.

Looks like the measurements are going a little opposite to what is
predicted.  I assume that just makes it more interesting and fun :-))