TSSP: List Archives

From: "B2"
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 17:38:23 -0400
Subject: Re: [TSSP] The Corum's model?

Hi Paul, All,
   =20
> If anyone can refer me to a Corum paper I'm prepared to waste
> at least a little time on it, if only because I appear to be
> the only one who hasn't already done so.
>=20
> Regards,
> --
> Paul Nicholson,
> Manchester, UK.
> --

    The URL to the Corums interesting paper on Bill Wysock's fabulous =
site is the following:  ( http://www.ttr.com/corum/index.htm ). =20

    I have been following the ruminations on toroid size and have a few =
observations to wonder about.  If the toroid were replaced with a plate =
with a tiny rim around it, at what point would the plate size excede the =
ability for the secondary to charge it to any given voltage?  At what =
point would the secondary power dissipation in the RF wire resistance =
cook it before the toroid could be made too large?  Would it be possible =
to use a very wide toroid with a small rim (read cheap to make!) to =
achieve the same spark length as a fat toroid (counterintuitive?)?.  =
Richard Hull had a toroid about 6 feet in diameter on top of a 3" by 12" =
coil.  The sparks were over 10 feet long off the toroid
( http://www.pilot.infi.net/~rhull/highenergy004.htm ). =20

Cheers,
Barry