TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 21:26:11 +0100
Subject: [TSSP] Some theory notes 13th Oct 2000

Hi all,

There seems to be some confusion over the equivalence rationships
between lumped and transmission line models.

In an attempt to clarify things, I've typed up some notes
for the list members to review.

See the postscript document at
   http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/pn1310.ps

or if you prefer, gif image versions, pages 1-5 under
   http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/pn1310/

In these notes I derive the relationships between lumped and
distributed parameters for the uniform, non-uniform, and non-uniform
with longitudinal coupling cases. The expression for the Medhurst C
is derived and the familiar expression for resonance due to
Medhurst is demonstrated.

Please give it a critical read and make sure you agree with it
all. I hope it serves to clarify the picture of reactances in
a tesla secondary.

Regards all.