TSSP: List Archives

From: "Malcolm Watts"
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 09:23:02 +1300
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Progress report 28th Sep 2000

Hi all,

On 7 Oct 00, at 10:10, boris petkovic wrote:

> > On secondary behaviour,
> >
> > > Meanwhile, I am interested in focusing on the
> > behaviour of the
> > > resonator alone since its modelling is of great
> > interest to me.
> >
> > Well you're in the right forum for that!
> >
> > > In particular, I am curious to know just how
> > closely the Corum's
> > > model and its consequent predictions of enormous
> > voltages approaches
> > > reality.
> >
> > I'm not familiar with their model. Perhaps you can
>
> -----
> Please guys,don't waste time on Corums' resonator
> theory.Many of their statements such as their
> "coherence time" effects,multimegavolts calcs. etc.
> simply got nothing to do with reality and
> TCs.I can responsibly say that their theory errs in
> many aspects.
>
> Regards,
> Boris

I have been looking into their theory ever since it was thrown
in my face by a flame a number of years ago. I have found no
evidence for secondary coherence time in the context of Tesla
Coil operation. The situation might well be different for the
application of a step function (dispersive medium). I also
have found no evidence that you can make a coil work with
Fp<>Fs as they have claimed (to me personally). I have found
no substantial evidence that gaps can be made to magically
quench to uS tolerances. Additionally, the ball lightning
stuff hasn't been reproduced by anyone I know and I consider
that the explanation they give for their method #1
(differently tuned secondaries) of producing it to be highly
controversial. No-one has incontrovertibly refuted the
pictures of BL they showed in their 1991 ITS article but were
this to be done, the implications would be serious. It is
extremely disturbing that no-one among the wealth of talent
now discussing these thing on the Web can reproduce their
results.
      I feel however that the time has not been wasted. They
claim (or others claim) that they are the real experts in the
coiling field. Such claims should be investigated to the nth
degree in my opinion.

Regards,
Malcolm