TSSP: List Archives

From: "RMC"
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 12:10:18 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] New Secondary Voltage Profiling Instrument

Terry

Basically it's an electrophorus ...nice idea ... you've already spotted the
problems that might occur such as droop. I wonder if local ionisation will
allow the charge on the capacitor to bleed away before you get chance to
sample it on a high Z meter.

Similar things have been done by using Toepfler profilers: methods of
determining electric field distributions using needles suspended on threads,
that sort of thing. Also, peope have wired various neon bulbs into coils in
crude attempts to visualise things, something I have never tried but maybe
others have had a go at.

I don't think anyone has tried this sampling approach, either, so it'll be
great to see what happens.

Richard