TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 18:42:30 -0600
Subject: [TSSP] Two questions.

Hi All,

	Two questions.

Normally "i" would think that if a coil has a "Q" of say 200 and you apply
a 1 volt signal to the base of the resonator, then you would get 200 volts
at the top.  Would this still be true for all this distributed parameter
case stuff too??  I assume Q is measured with a signal generator and a wire
or something to fine the center frequency over bandwidth effect.

Second, If I bring a high voltage probe is brought down on the top of the
resonator, the cable to the probe could be modeled as a grounded line at
X=0 above the coil in the 2D models that are stretched into 3D cylindrical
coordinates.  In other words, the situation could be modeled easily.  The
2.5 or whatever pF of the probe could be added to the end of the resonator
and I would then think that the top voltage could be measured in a way that
could also be directly modeled by computer.  Is that a reasonable thing to
do and would it help?