TSSP: List Archives

From: "RMC"
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 11:21:12 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] NSVPI - Early Results

http://63.225.104.49/TeslaCoils/Misc/PaulNich/ProfilerPics/compare.jpg

This is excellent work. it's such a neat solution to actually probe the coil
and be able to overlay with the theory.  It would be interesting to build a
multi-channel version so you can probe at say 8 places up and down the coil
in one snapshot. But the contact difficulties would prevent that from being
practical I suppose.

It'll be nice to see the diferences with changes in toploads. On top of
that, if you were to build the coil with inline discrete resistors, you
could similarly sample the V across each and see the realtime current
distribution.

I think I need to get some time to read in detail the excellent papers that
have been written since I have been away from this area!

Cheers

Richard Craven, Malvern, England