TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 08:37:13 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] NSVPI - Latter Results

Terry wrote:
> It measures 75.1mH  It usually is 75.4 but the ground plane
> seems to drop it slightly.

Thanks Terry, seems reasonable. That'll dispose of some of the
remaining error in the simulated amplitude profiles.

> I also note in your graph at:
>
> http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp-data/nsvpi2210b.gif
>
> That at turn 20 I stopped for about two hours and came back.  I go the
> impression that something had drifted a tiny bit in the test equipment.
> Signal level, scope calibration... Not sure what but if I look at the
> graph really hard I can kind of see it.  No big deal however...

Its good that we can see the experimental 'noise' in the readings, shows
that we're squeezing the most out of it.

> I also looked at sections 5-9 on the coil and this is the area that
> was messed up a bit when the coil shrank due to dry air and the windings
> came loose.

Yes, why does this part of the winding deteriorate more than
the rest? Is it perhaps because it's where the current maximum
sits during operation, so that it gets the hottest?