TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 12:23:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Progress report 28th Sep 2000

--- Terry Fritz  wrote:

> Greg Leyh and I compared notes since we both had
> real time voltage and
> current data (with good phse information) for the
> energy going into the
> arcs of our coils.  My coil and his giant electrum
> both had an arc
> impedance of 200,000 ohms in series with 1pF/foot of
> arc length.  A
> surprising result considering the gross difference
> in size and power of the
> two coils.  Apparently, people who study arcs are
> not very surprised by
> this.  The numbers are a bit rough like +-50% but
> that impedance always
> seems to give very good results
----
Hmm..Seems we are digressing bit of concentration to
bare secondary behavior (without arcs).OK,I can live
with that.
One of Arc Curent Waveforms of Electrum ,as presented
on www.lod.org page,gave me for corona resistance
about 100 kohm  when I calculted it.Malcolm and I
discussed this few months ago and he agreed with me as
concerns this figure.200 kohm isn't still definite
part for corona model impedance.But it is good start
anyway ."Magic" of arcs isn't explained completely
yet.
Regards,
Boris

http://photos.yahoo.com/