TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:03:57 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] NSVPI - Early Results

RMC wrote:

> What do we expect to see as the drive power to the resonator
> is increased? The approximately sigmoid graph might steepen at
> the top as breakout occurs and the forward current increases,
> dropping more volts across turns perhaps.

My guess:
Equalising out the induced voltage across all the turns I should
think, flattening the gradient curve, moving the gradient peak
more towards the midpoint, voltage profile changing more towards
a linear rise.

A rough idea of the amount of load non-linearity could be obtained
by plotting rms topvolts against rms base current, as the CW input
power is turned up. Should be a straight line increase until
breakout, then curving down towards level. If Fres is plotted as well,
from all this info we should be able to calculate the effective
impedance of the breakout loading as a function of topvolts.

Alternatively, remembering that Terry has a topload current monitor,
in conjunction with a topvolts probe and a scope in vector mode, it
should be fairly straightforward to plot the breakout load Z mag and
phase as a function of topvolts directly. The measured Ibase could
then be compared with the expected value from simulations based on
the measured Zload.

Regards,