TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:41:20 -0600
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Linux, clustering and distributed computing

Hi Paul,

        Neat! sounds like RH7 will do all the neat tricks.  Since web servers
spend 99.9% of their time doing nothing, This may be a great "hobby" for its
spare time.  Running the server from RH7 instead of Win 2K is probably not a
problem at all.  I think a few other people have managed to get RH7 to work for
a server :-))   I could still keep Win2K on it just incase I had to crunch a
Windows thing.  Of course, my big dual CPU regular machine is no slacker either
:-))  Probably would not be a big deal having both OSs with full server ability
so either could serve...

        I have been busy with work so I have not been able to do more fun
experiments yet ;-(  I want to take my sonotube (the bare one) and wet it down
and then place it inside my secondary to see if the Q drastically changes.
Maybe I could test it over time as it dries too.  That should nail the water
thing.  Forgot to microwave a chunk of Sonotube today :-(

        I also want to work on the toroid case voltage profile.  I need to make
some special holders to aid in the probe locating and such.

With the computer thing and TC stuff, it will be a busy weekend.  :-))