TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 19:11:38 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] NSVPI - Latter Results

Hi,

The first picture makes me wonder if the top load is too small.  The air
streamer seems to have placed quite a load on the coil.

Since his firing voltage is only about 12kV, the air rushing over the gap
may just be enough to blow the bang out occasionally.  It could quite
literally depend on "which way the wind is blowing".  When he gets the coil
to charge to 20kV, this problem should dissappear.