TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 02:10:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Coils at high elevation

Terry,Malcolm.Paul,All;

snip>

> > Using the new program the f1 error for H/D=1 in
> Malcolm's catagory (a)
> > coil 1 measurements is +7.7%, and for Mark's 875
> turn coil, +16.3%.
> >
> > These errors can no longer be attributed to
> defects in the capacitance
> > determination software and must be due either to
> an inadequate
> > representation of the environment, or more
> worryingly, a problem with
> > the application of internal capacitance within the
> model.
-----
You mean interturn capacitance effect of a winding has
such a dramatic influence at Fo?
If so ,I don't agree .At least,It couldn't be reason
for 875 turn coil.
16% error for 1/4 wave resonant freq.is way too much
to be caused by neglecting interturn capacities here.

Regards,
Boris

http://shopping.yahoo.com/