TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 19:46:33 +0000
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Final solution...great chance for it

boris petkovic wrote:

> To All concerned with TSSP,
>
> There is a great chance that great deal  of we (mostly
> Paul and Terry) are doing here has been solved
> already.
> And not just that ,but solved in much more elegant way
> with Maxwell equations' adjustment with respect to the
> winding structure geometry.
> Breakthrough was done in 1994,and was done by dr.sci
> Petar Bodlovic who had a word with me today on the
> problem.
> And nobody before had impressed me with his answers
> and knowledge like he did today (I'm not a person easy
> to impress).

Well that's fantastic news!

> Let me formulate the problem once more:
> We have symetrical and symetricaly placed winding
> structure aproximately 100-1000 turns ,excited by wave
> source at its begginig (or end),and want to know
> transient processes from the first moment on,for every
> point of the winding given with respect to
> time,voltage gradients,reso. freqs etc.?

That about sums up the problem, although I'm content with
a steady state analysis - I feel the full time dependent
solution requires far too much computational effort.

> Many people,including me, thought this could be done
> by modeling it in terms of circuit theory  ,ie.by
> breaking the winding into many  parts mutualy
> ,inductively and capacitively coupled and trying to
> find solutions of such network from the set of
> integro-differential equations,using gaussian
> elemination and operational calcs.

> Paul ,is this way how you and Terry are looking for
> the solution of the
> the winding?

That describes the tssp simulator very accurately and concisely.

> Maybe,this post of mine comes premature,and I'm too
> excited to think clear now,but many things tell me
> this mister has "a real stuff" for us.
> I arranged to meet him tommorow.
> Can't promise anything but hope the best.

Marvelous. Maybe you can scan some papers? The two approaches,
ie direct solution of Maxwell and our finite network approximation
should be equivalent and reveal the same features, ie current
profiles, etc. Ask if Dr Bodlovic has noticed the elevated current
maximum in the grounded base configuration.

The only attempts at the Maxwell solution I have seen have been
for helical structures typical of the kind used for antenna
radiators. Does Dr Bodlovic exploit the simplifications to
Maxwell's equations which are valid when the free space wavelength
is much greater than the coil dimensions?

Regards,