TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 18:56:41 +0000
Subject: Re: [TSSP] E-Tesla6.11

Terry wrote:

> Oh good!  The capacitance should have been right.
> You had me worried ;-))

This might make more sense now in the context of pn2511. The relevant
equ is 8.4, although you'll disagree with paragraph which follows,
since you've found a way to estimate Ces without knowing omega in
advance!

Your Lfac is Les/Ldc and I'm looking forward to generating a database
of Lfac values when we run the simulator across the range of secondary
designs.

Remember that the contribution of internal capacitance is represented
in a 'hidden' form in the value of Lfac, so it is accounted for
indirectly.

In a slight revision to pn2511, I replaced the sample equivalent
reactances at the end of section 8 with the values for your bare
coil, since your larger h/d demonstrates better the difference in value
between  the 'ee' and 'es' reactances. Take them as approximate, say 5%,
since  the physical capacitance matrix came from the new program and is
not  quite right yet, as you can see by the Fres. E-Tesla should deliver
the Ces value or near. The new pn2511 is v0.1b.