TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:55:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Coils at high elevation

> > As fn resonant frequency increases situations
> change
> > -the effect of  Cint influence  to higher harmonic
> > frequency cannot be neglected anymore.

> Again we differ. I argue in pn2511, section 5, last
> para-
> graph, that Cint has less effect above the 4th
> resonance due to
> physical range of Cint spanning a wider phase,
> therefore
> on average cancelling effect on phase constant. I
> admit this
> is a weak handwaved argument and I don't know how to
> work out
> the phase constant. But the intervals between
> resonances are
> uniform above the 4th, according to simulator. More
> measurements
> will confirm/refute the uniform interval between odd
> numbered
> resonances above the 4th.

> > This year I sent  Malcolm an outline of my papers
> > where I explained how and why that appears.
>
> I'd like to see those.
----
In these papers ,among other things  was shown that
influence of Cintrisic could be so dramatic that
something like very high, say  13th or 15th, resonant
frequency for usual no hat helical resonators actually
didn't exist.
In other words,capacitive network of winding acts on
incoming waves so dramaticaly that degenerates
formation of standing waves' notches and nodes.
After critical high frequency passed,voltage profile
over winding could be just a sort of hyperbolic
function and nothing more ,appearing and dissapering
in phase with  driving source voltage function.

Regards,
Boris

http://shopping.yahoo.com/