TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 08:46:52 +0000
Subject: Re: [TSSP] pn2511 is baloney

bob golding wrote:

>     I have been sitting on the sidelines of this list mainly
> because I am not good at the maths.

Hi Bob, it's a while since we heard from you. Glad you're still with
us - you were one of the first to respond with enthusiasm right at
the start of this project. You offered to make measurements and at
the time I said the software and theory were just not up to making
worthwhile predictions.

Well things have moved on now and there's a heap of measurement stuff
to have a go at. I've made up a things-to-do list at

 http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/todo.html

> ... However I now have my big coil set up at the local museum on a
> semi permanent basis so I can go and play with it on Sundays and
> Weds evenings.

I guess it's the same place you hold the Teslathon?  Looks like the
prospects for a stable repeatable setup are good. First thing we need
to do is model your secondary to obtain some predictions based on the
theory in pn2511. Could you send in details of your primary and
secondary, all the usual info, plus we need to know height above ground
and distance to nearest walls and ceiling - if any. Maybe you have this
documented on the web somewhere?

> I am going to get terries probes finished and build the plane wave
> antennas sometime. basically if someone tells me what to
> measure...

I hope to encourage more posts from all the list so that measurement
techniques can be established and clearly specified - there are a
few on the sidelines of the list who would appreciate some guidance.

> I should be able to get it done and any results chewed over by
> professional scientists.

Good. What would be nice is a tame academic who would be willing to
subject our efforts to the kind of scrutiny a professional work would
meet - that would bring us down to earth a bit!!

> Only last Weds someone came down and was inquiring about the black
> body radiation? I don't know why, he went off on a tangent.

Very odd :), referring to the corona I suppose.

> I have tried to download pn2511 but only get the first page?

Perhaps other windows users can advise? There is also a PDF version
prepared by Bert at

 http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/pn2511.pdf

which requires Adobe Acrobat 4.0. If you still have no luck, send
me your address and I'll post a hard copy.

> Most of the people coming to the museum are unix programmers so they
> should be able to help on the software side if needed.

We're OK on the programming side of things - it's all very easy code.

Thanks in advance for your help Bob - a determined experimental
effort is needed in order to remove the baloney from the secondary
theory put forward so far.