TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 20:01:17 +0000
Subject: Re: [TSSP] early idle testing

Boris wrote:

> ---
> I assume you're  describing CW simulator results
> here,yes?
> ----

Yes, simulator results, my 'virtual' measurements :)

> > --
> Msms of even very high Q coils show that there is
> small,but not negligible declination from 90 deg rule
> between bottom and top voltages.
> Few degrees allmost always.
> I must think carefuly what does this mean.

Yes, if the drive signal is not exactly at the resonance.

If the drive is slightly above resonance, the top voltage
lags the base drive voltage by a little more than 90 deg,

Slightly below resonance, the top voltage lags the base
by a little less than 90 deg.

There are no phase discontinuities, so somewhere in between
the phase must cross -90.

For a coil resonating around say 150 kHz, the top volts
phase goes from 87 deg lag at Fo-10Hz to 93 deg lag, at
Fo+10Hz, a change of 0.3 deg/Hz, so you need to be exactly
at the resonance.

Regards,