TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 12:50:30 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Final solution...great chance for it

Hi All,

I have looked into fire balls.  Cabbot Sanders tried to replicate the
Corum's setup in the paper as close as possible and he did not get
anything.  He was talking directly to the Corums during this and had their
help.  I won't repeat the many colorful words he used when it was all over,
but he was "disappointed"...  I discussed this with Richard Hull a few
years ago and he stated that he knew of no method of producing fire balls
like ball lighting.  Occasionally, a streamer will light up a bit of dust
in the air or a bug, but true ball lightening like fireballs cannot be made
as far as I know.  One can get burning metal embers and such as produced in
arc welding but true ball lighting on demand that you can make and have
float around the room for awhile is still a dream.  I have placed burning
candles in a microwave (destroys it) but there you are pumping ~1000 watts
of microwave energy into the plasma which is cheating.

Robert Goldka's giant coil in Utah was meant to produce ball lightening
too.  The results were zero despite his practically burning the place down
in desperate attempts (he sprayed oil all over the place which eventually
caught fire).

Bill Wysock's Model 13 is the biggest coil on the block and similar to
Tesla's (twice the power) but it does not produce ball lighting.

Ball lighting remains off-topic on the Tesla list since no one has ever
made it.  We did support Cabbot's efforts but the darn thing just didn't
work...  It appears that Tesla's reference to it were either the burning
dust types or we are really missing something...

There are a few churning electromagnetic field theories from Russia about
how such a thing could exist.  However, those are pretty "pie in the sky"
and nothing "real" came out of it.  There has been some weapons research
money put into it (Corum's and Goldka) but that was fringe stuff that never
produced.