TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 09:50:15 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] NSVPI - Latter Results

Hi Paul,

Wow!  This is surprising!  I thought the jitter was me ;-)

It is very likely that I vary by +-1 turn in the tap points and the area
between  5 and 10 inches is were the space windings slipped once and the
variation there is easily more.  However, I did note the that repeatability
was good.

In light of your new analysis, it looks like I did as good as could be
expected.  This is the kind of things computers are great at!  They can
make curves and graphs nice and smooth and then allow one to find the
effects of various "noise" without having to worry about any other factors
being involved.

Thanks for doing this.  It gives be much great confidence in this type of
testing now knowing that it seems to work well given the inevitable real
world constraints.