TSSP: List Archives

From: mystuffs@orwell.net (Metlicka Marc)
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 10:21:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [TSSP] coil measurements

paul,
i tried to take some L measurements, but i'm not real secure in the
correct nature of these readings. i don't have a manual for the 250 de
yet but i'm working on it. i can get a true reading on a known standard
but these settings won't match the coils, without knowing the proper
setup ?.
on the 3k coil, my turns counter was at 30001 when i stopped, then there
is 4 wraps in a spiral up the remaining form.
i'll keep trying to get a series of R readings with all my test
equipment and then maybe we can get a standard from that. and i'll keep
trying for an L  reading.
the #4 coil was given to me last night so use it if you want to, the
10-1 is still set up in it's test position, if you want to concentrate
on one at a time i'll setup whichever and duplicate the readings, then
we can go from there.
marc