TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 05:18:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] early idle testing

> Boris wrote:
> > ----
> > By resonance frequency you consider the exact
> > frequency where input impedance of the resonance
> > reaches its minimum?
> > -----
>
> No. Minumum Zin is slightly below resonance. The
> resonance
> is where peak top volts occurs, which is where the
> phase
> crosses 90 deg.
----
(glad we got straight this out)

Actually,this is the most valuable information from
you I got so far.
It directly puts  light on my work about resonator
behaviour I conducted about year ago.
(and these were exhausting 3 weeks of
thinking,mathematizing and pondering over treating
that thing)
I recall that I got ,at one stage,by employing the
method of exponential asyimptotics with a small
exponent ,CW result which seemed to converge to phase
shift slightly different than 90 degrees when top
voltage hits its maxima.
It depended on Q in merely the same way like in lumped
RLC resonant theory ,where is well known that voltage
on capacitor doesn't reach maximum at angular
frequency
w=1/sqrt(LC) ,but at something different than that.

But ,since many told me they used Zin=min measurment
to tune they coils ,and I used not so reliable math.
aproximation method ,I thoughI should better tear down
to pieces this and forget whole thing.
After all,I was mostly intersted then in transient
processes ,not CW state.
----

> I thought a little more about your comment of a
> persistent
> phase other than 90 deg at resonance. You may well
> get that
> if you are driving through a primary winding rather
> than
> into the base.

-----
Yes,I tend to agree with you here.