TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 09:29:00 +0000
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Primary gap questions

Hi All,

Just catching up on a backlog of emails. Thanks Barry, Malcolm, et al,
for responding to my spark gap questions.

I'm afraid that I don't see any way to incorporate the primary gap
into the tssp model. This model only works in the linear steady state
regime. I suspect that the best way to approach this is to allow
the tssp model to generate an impedance response for the primary
winding terminals, as a function of frequency. Given this, then
regular off-the-shelf circuit analysis tools can be used to persue
the overall time domain behaviour of the system.

A question for those familiar with spice and microsim - can these
programs accept an arbitrary linear two-terminal device described
by a piecewise-linear complex impedance curve provided in, say, a
csv file?