TSSP: List Archives

From: "Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D."
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 21:37:39 -0500
Subject: [TSSP] MandK Mutual Inductance Program

Hello All:
    I have decided to go public with my mutual inductance calculation
program and have placed it on a web site for easy access (assuming I got
everything set up right).  This program computes the mutual inductance
between two coils using a direct numerical integration technique  (Neumann
double line integral).  It yields answers similar to Paul's ACMI program,
although the calculation is a bit slower.  It has a number of other features
of interest to individuals who wish to design tesla coils using computers
first instead of strictly by trial and error.  I would prefer not to
announce it to the general Tesla list until after I get more feedback
(perhaps V3.2).  However, freeware is freeware.
        I fixed several things Bart Anderson suggested (like reverse order
number ranges are now permitted) and wrote an eight page document describing
a bit about how it works and what the numbers mean.  I get results similar
to ACMI and really close to the experimental data recently described by Bart.
        Those of you out there with pre-release copies of MandK with version
numbers below V3.1 should definitely update their files and pitch the old
versions.  You can find the files at the URL:
http://idrive.cwru.edu/msr7/Web/
        BTW, The file primary.pdf, available at the same URL, is a FAQ about
tesla coil primaries I wrote for beginners about a year ago and is not
specifically related to the MandK program, although it discusses mutual
inductance a bit.  I stuck it out there too, in the hopes that someday we
will put together a fairly comprehensize FAQ on tesla coils.
        I welcome comments and suggestions for improvement.
Regards,

Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D.
MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio