TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 11:27:26 +0000
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Virtual Secondary Database

Barton B. Anderson wrote:

> I plotted a graph of the example to get started. Then looked for the
> plots to either diverge/converge, etc.. When sorted by hd, the plots
> diverge. I found this interesting and thought I'd share.
>  http://www.classictesla.com/temp/hdtssp1.gif

OK. Its better to plot un-ordered data with points rather than lines.
I've just posted another formula which takes care of the variation
with hd.

> Paul, there are numerous ways to look at this data. Rather than just
> arbitrarily look at data, I wonder if a path should be defined (what
> specifically does tssp need to identify in the data?).

Well I did say to Terry that we'd try to find an estimator for Lfac
which is defined as Les/Ldc, since this may be helpful with E-Tesla6.

(Ldc is the one that's measureable, but Les is the one that plugs into
the formula for Fres, hence the need for a relation between the two).

Another one to look for would be an estimator for Fres and for Cee,
both of which would be potentialy useful formulae for coil builders.

An estimator for Zft would also be useful for CW coilers.

Don't bother doing anything with the Q, Rin, and gain fields as these
are based on loss estimates from Medhurst tables, which don't really
apply to TCs.

I've noticed values of Lee larger than Ldc, eg at small h/d. This will
mean a slight revision to pn2511, so that's a bit of progress.

Have fun, and I'll look forward to seeing the 'Anderson formula'
for Fres take its rightful place in the coiler's toolkit.