TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 15:52:27 +0000
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Top voltage testing

Terry,

I've altered the model to include an estimate of the area of your
partial foil ground plane. The predicted f1 is now 87.92 kHz which
agrees with measurement, and the Q has been set to 111.2 by fiddling
with the E field loss factor.

As a cross check, could you see that the 3/4 wave overtone is
at 309.3 kHz +/- 5%. The reason for always asking for f3 and maybe
f5 in addition to f1 is to allow us to check that the model is
achieving the correct ratio of influence of internal and
external capacitance. Without this check we could 'accidentaly'
get the right f1. If the proportion of internal C is not correct,
then the current profile will be wrong too, thus Lfac and
transimpedance will also be out, and voltage gain predictions
will be broken too.

If f3 matches then that takes care of the model of the toroided
un-probed coil, and meanwhile I'll get on with simulating the
probe capacitances.

FYI,

For the equivalent reactances at f1 I get:

Lee=70.32 mH;   Les=72.61 mH;   Ldc=75.10 mH;
Cee=43.71 pF;   Ces=45.20 pF;   Cdc=75.60 pF;