TSSP: List Archives

From: mystuffs@orwell.net (Metlicka Marc)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 14:34:39 -0500
Subject: Re: [TSSP] L measurements

paul,
these were all taken with the coils in free space, actually setting on
my milk crate but nothing but carpet and floorboards beneath.
also i moved everything so that the area surrounding the coils was
removed, a good 7' of free space all around. i will say that the walls
are of the chicken wire rock lath type. all measurements were made after
i checked the inductance's of the leads shorted together and the
resistance's of the leads subtracted. my manual actually states to use
twisted pair leads for high accuracy in L readings, so i did. all L
readings were using the 1 khz internal generator. i will be looking for
the set of deflection external indicators the manual speaks of, this
will allow readings at fo and also ac resistance readings. this unit has
surpassed my expectations and has become a very highly valued piece of
equipment for me now. it's so nice when one knows how to use something
properly!
i am now trying to get accurate winding counts as per terry's digital
camera idea (good for my bad eyes terry, thanks) i should have these for
you tonight?