TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 20:03:02 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Top voltage testing

Hi Paul,

For the bare coil:

At Fo (88.054kHz this night) the input current is 1.951mARMS.  The input
voltage drops to 0.7071 - 0.0019 = 0.7052VRMS with the 1 ohm resistor in
series.  So I guess the input Z is 361.46 ohms.

The F3 overtone is at 319.226kHz and the input current there is 0.459mARMS.
 However, that frequency is out of the meter's specified range of 200kHz so
the current reading is not garenteed but I "think" it is good since the
meter seems to be able to go to 1MHz before substatial errors show up.  I
think out of range means the accuracy is only 0.1% instead of 0.001% ;-))

I could not find f5 but at 3.37MHz there was a healthy resonance but that
may be probe related and have nothing to do with the coil.

I also have E-Tesla modified with your model numbers but still need to run
tests on it...