TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:00:33 +0000
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Top voltage testing

Terrell W. Fritz wrote:

> I would like to disqualify the earlier P6015 probe voltage level
> measurements.

Well that's a relief. Would have been hard to account for the low
voltages.

> The modern 10X probe seems to work very well and I trust it rather
> than the big high voltage probe in this case.

Yep. It claims 16.6pF and it's taking 24.35pF of extra top cap
to account for it. That's not too bad an impact on a large coil.

Some of the excess capacitance might go away if you fix the scope
probe to a stand, at coil-top height, say a coil length away. Run a
very thin wire from coil top to the probe. That ought to cut down the
capacitance from the coil to the probe body.

Perhaps you can find time to get some with/without YT5060 readings
from a bare coil, along with Q and input current?