TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 12:14:00 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] NSVPI - Terminated Coil Results

Hi Bert, Paul,

I measured the junction capacitance of the diode at 20pF.  If the contact
capacitance is say only 1pF it would be a 20:1 attenuator and the diode
will not turn on which is what I suspect will happen.  I got a small 100mH
choke today and 10Meg resistor so I will try it.  I now see Paul's thinking
in removing the contact capacitance as a big voltage drop.

Perhaps a TL082 based circuit would do the trick.  I have the surface mount
types.  One would have to keep the batteries and all that from affecting
the circuit much but direct testing could still be done against the present
NSVPI.  Any thought on how to make or build such a device is welcome.
Obviously, having to tap directly into the secondary is a real problem for
everyone else.