TSSP: List Archives

From: bob golding
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 16:14:38 +0000
Subject: [TSSP] ready for some measurments

Hi Paul all,
    I am about ready to do some measurements on my two secondary. I will
start with the 4" x21" secondary first as that is here and I don't have
to go out in the cold to measure it. I have a telequipent d83 scope. A
Farnell lf1 signal generator. (10hz to 1 meg sine/square wave up to 1
volt). a  frequency counter, and a Wayne Kerr B421 universal bridge with
a meter output. I also have a Marconi TF 2110 spectrum analyser which
goes up to 110 meg. Non of this equipment is calibrated, although with
the counter and the spectrum analyser I don't think that will matter, as
they should be accurate. I also have various cheap multimeters and leads
ect. I was thinking of measuring the secondary placed on a milk crate
above a concrete floor  with a carpet on top. The room is about 10' x
10' x 8' with a sloping ceiling up to 12' . Zo from the signal genny is
60 ohms. how should I ground everything given that I am not using a
ground plane? I have been using a standard CB car aerial with a BNC plug
on the end to test the big coil with the spectrum analyser. Will this be
OK as the scope input? Should I try and lower the input impedance of the
signal genny? If so how should I do this?. Sorry if this has been
covered, I lost all of my archives from before Dec23 due to a disc
crash, again :-(( Does anyone have the list archives stored anywhere?
Printed everything from Dec23 and spent a happy 4 hours reading them
last night. Cant get comfortable reading in bed with the laptop, I worry
about falling asleep and dropping it on the floor.

cheers
bob golding