TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 06:53:29 +0000
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Top voltage testing

Terry,

I've been going over the Zft measurements made with the 10 ohm
shunt. Supplying the HP with a little extra voltage seems to make
all the difference to its accuracy.

You wrote:

> Fo = 105087 Hz
> Vin(HP) = 0.66586V
> Iin(HP) = 1.1742mA
> Vtop(Tek) = 53.1V
> Zin = 567.08 ohms
> Gain = 79.75
> Zft = 45.222K

I'm not quite sure where we stand now with the Tek calibration wrt
the HP, but we do seem to be in the right ballpark now with Zft.
You've probably not adjusted the current to account for feedline
capacitance, so I suspect the true value of Zft might be a little
higher than the value above, so if anything the model is erring on
the low side with Zft predictions. Hopefully some of the others on
the list will be able to come up with Zft measurements too, so that
we can try to establish the trend. I intend to have a go at this too
as Zft is one of the few things that my limited equipment has a
chance of measuring - but that won't be for some time. In this
respect, does anyone know if/where in the UK I can purchase a
machine wound secondary of small size?

Quite where we are with voltage gain measurements I'm not sure now.

Apologies for the late response to your results, and thanks again
for your efforts with these time consuming but valuable
measurements. I'm starting a new web page for the tssp site which
will summarise gain, Q, and Zft comparisons, so readings from list
members of any of these will be most welcome.