TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:29:31 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Top voltage testing

Hi Malcolm,

It appears that the variation in frequency is due solely to the capacitance
of the probe while the variation in Q is due solely to the resistance of
the probe.  Thus, it is pretty easy to figure out the effect of the probe

I was playing with models of this.  What is odd is that the bandwidth Q and
the voltage rise Q are always the same in the simple lumped element models.
 Paul's more advanced program is needed to explain the difference in the
Q's that I see in actual measurements.