TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:00:28 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Top voltage testing

Hi Paul,

I did some tests on my small coil.  It is not "perfectly well known" but
here are the best estimates I have of its parameters:

Winding length = 26.125 inches
Diameter = 4.25
#24 wire = 0.0201 diameter
Turns = 1180?
Rdc = 34.0
Ldc = 22.1mH
Height off ground plane = 0.35 inches
This coil has a fixed terminal stud on the top which will add to the top C
a bit.  It also has some steel 1 inch diameter washers for support of the
stud at the top (should have been split brass...)

I calibrated all the measurements against the HP meter using similar
amplitude signals.

Using the transformer box I get for open top terminal:
F1 = 358.3kHz
Iin = 0.505912mA

Using the Tek 5100 probe on the top I get:
F1 = 311.3kHz
Iin = 0.20815mA
Vtop = 7.9465V

I calculate that the H/D is 6.1471