TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 20:15:06 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Top voltage testing

Hi,

>Three factors may affect the coil's Zft.
>http://hot-streamer.com/temp/SmallCoilSetUp.jpg
>
>1.  The top terminal is a wire to a bolt with large steel washers

I removed the top terminal and cap and the f1s changed to 362.0 and 315.2 KHz.

>2.  The ground plane is split but not perfectly, and it too uses large steel
>washers for the grounding stud.

I can't change that easily but placing large steel objects around the base
did not have much affect.

>3.  The sensor box is near the base and may cause some distortion.

I moved it away but it made no difference.

I think the probe loading lowering the Q is causing the unexpected Zft.  I
can't change that, but maybe Paul can figure it out.