TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:02:09 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Top voltage testing

Hi Paul,

I tried increasing the amplitude of the drive signal...
f1 = 311.8

Vtop/Iin = Zft
8.63/0.2216 = 38944
25.5/0.7171 = 35560
50.6/1.4282 = 35429

With full calibration of the levels...

 Zft = 49.261/1.4388 = 34238

I think 34238 is right for Zft.  For some reason, at low signal levels, the
readings are higher but as the level is increased the readings stabilize to
a more consistent value.  Perhaps the ferrite transformer or the metering
need more signal to read accurately...

Of course 34238 is much closer to your predicted 34903 :-))  I am now
getting 1.9% low.  However, when I removed the top cap before I replaced
the steal hardware with smaller brass which affected the above.  So I added
back the two steel washers and tried again:

f1 = 310.9
Vtop (corrected) = 49.261
Iin ( mA corrected) = 1.4230
Zft = 34450

That is 1.3% low...  So with a little fiddling the modeled results seem to
be correct after all and the error was just in taking these tricky
measurements.