TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 17:03:55 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Reactive part of base input impedance

Hi Paul,

Neat!  Great to know the measurements worked out so well!  I am getting
used to doing this, so this was a very straight forward process this time.

I looked at the probed coil for the resonant frequencies you mentioned and got:

IbaseMax = 311.85kHz
VtopMax = 313.02kHz

I plugged the 5100 probe into the HP meter so the frequencies can be
determined very accurately.  However, the HP meter has a bit of an odd
input impedance so the probe/measurement "could" be off a bit.  However, I
think it is pretty close.  The signal generator has a resolution of 0.01Hz
and the HP meter reads out to 1uVacrms so the accuracy is super high if it
works...

The scope is reading about 4.5% high on it's little readout and channel two
has a high offset.  May be time for a calibration...