TSSP: List Archives

From: mystuffs@orwell.net (Metlicka Marc)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:19:17 -0500
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Problems with high elevation/small radius

paul

> The wire curls in to the center? Roughly how long is this extra
> piece of wire? Does it curl in slowly, making more than one
> additional turn, or does it curl in rapidly?

the wire is 2.5" long from top turns and curls about 1/4 turn to the
bolt.

> BTW, this means that the comparison for coil #2, un-probed,
>
> mm2: bare d=0.108m h/d=9.97 sr=0.81 b/h=0.31 turns=1700
>      measured   modeled  error
> f1    276.9kHz  273.8kHz -1.1%
> f3    711.8kHz  692.7kHz -2.7%
>
> is now out of date, since your true Fres will be around 1.7% higher
> than 276.9 kHz, around 281.6 kHz, so the model will be -2.8% in
> error, which is a bit high. We might need to take a closer look
> at #2 to figure out this discrepancy.

i'm thinking that i am just getting more experienced with these tests?
it has been very HOT and dry in the house lately, old house dries out
towards the end of winter and girlfriends been ill.
i think i'll do a full battery of tests on #2 and #3.
marc