TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 04:33:52 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Reactive part of base input impedance

Hi All,

> So perhaps the "true" F1 is better defined as the
> point were Vin x Iin
> reaches a maximum or the input Z is least?
----
Well,you can define it as concerns secondary
distributed structure in  various ways.

In a lumped RLC circuit and CW excitation case, that
is very easy to destinguish-Two possibilities:
1) Frequency where the voltage on a reactive component
reaches maximum.
2)Frequency where Zin reaches minimum.

For high Q circuit these two freqs. differs very
little one from another. Simple algebra expressions
showing that can be derived.

For high Q TC secondary structure ,CW
excited,situation is much more complicated.
Yes,again, F1 frequenciy where Zin reaches minimum and
the frerquency where top voltage reaches maximum are
close but my gut feel tells me they don't differ in
the same way like 1) and 2).
I tried in  past to find some simple correlation in
that direction  for distributed resonator,and was
unable to.
Besides,TSSP simulator would be much better tool for
exploring it than the methods I used then.
---

> I just realized I shouldn't have been looking at top
> voltage in the scope
> picture...  but rather input voltage...  Since the
> two frequencies, in any
> case, are very close, this is more of a theoretical
> concern.  I wonder if
> the "true" f1 is (Fv + Fi)/2 or SQRT(Fv^2 + Fi^2)??
----
Isuppose the last one should be SQRT((Fv^2 + Fi^2)/2)?
Also why not 2/(1/Fi + 1/Fv)  or SQRT(Fi*Fv) ... ?
Few months ago, I asked Paul what he considered by
resonant frequency of secondary (thread "early idle
testing"  as far as I remember).
The Frequency where top voltage reaches maximum he
said.
TSSP simulator is set to find resonant frequency
following such pattern I guess,so  conventionally, we
should agree that one to call "true" f1.

> But perhaps the top voltage maxima and the input
> power maxima are exactly
> the same frequency...
----
I affraid they are not.(It would be nice if that's
true.Just imagine a simplification of msms).

Regards,
Boris

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/