TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 19:37:21 -0600
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Time domain modeling

Hi Paul,

At 10:19 AM 4/22/2001 +0100, you wrote:
snip...

>The above is now just a coding exercise, apart from one not-so-minor
>point, we need that function Yload( Vtop), along with some guesses of
>Vdischarge for a given test coil. Yload can be calculated somewhat
>indirectly from measurements of Ibase and Fres, or more directly by
>measurements of Vtop and Itop, for various power levels.

snip...

Vtop(t), Itop(t), Igap(t) sounds like my kind of thing ;-))

Here are some papers I have:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/spark1/sparkgap.html
http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/topsync/topsync.html
http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/planant/waveant3.html
http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/smallar/smallar4.html

However, these were all written in the mid 1997 to mid 1998 time frame.
Although they may have some interesting qualitative information, I do not
trust them much for any detailed quantitative data.  The tools and
techniques then were in their infancy and it was just a main goal to try
and do such stuff at all...

I can't belive it's been three years since then, but I "know things" now
and have collected a number of new toys for such work. ;-)  I will have to
reconfigure the play room a bit but the small coil and all is ready to go.

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/SmallCoil/SmallCoil.htm

I will start setting stuff up...