TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 00:27:44 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Toroid field stress

Terrell W. Fritz wrote:

> I have no idea how much space there is between to top of Marco's secondary
> and the centerline of his toroid so I am guess there.  I think I got the
> toroid cord diameter wrong too...

Chord looks a little small, I use

toroid {
   outer_radius 0.7575  ; Distance from center to outer rim.
   inner_radius 0.5575  ; Distance from center to inner rim.
   altitude 2.85        ; Distance of center above ground plane.
}

ie, a chord of 20cm,

secondary {
   radius 0.20        ; Radius of coil
   length 1.575       ; Length of coil
   altitude 0.995     ; Distance of base of coil above ground plane.
   inductance 0.0802  ; The measured inductance, for info only.
;; use_lundin     ; Ignore the given inductance and use the lundin
formula
   turns 939
   resistance 11.2      ; Measured resistance at DC.
   conductor_radius 0.725e-3
}

>From top of secondary to plane of toroid is
 2.85 - (0.995 + 1.575) = 28cm

So chord = 7.874", top of coil to toroid = 11.02"