TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 11:26:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Genetic optimisation

> > John Freau experiments with smooth toroids are
> very
> > valuable when we speak of this matter.
> > He has noticed smaller bang size (innital cap
> energy)
> > needed for visual spark breakout with higher BPS
> rate
> > than with lower BPS rate.
>
> Much smaller? 5%, 20% ?  Looks like the function
> that
> delivers breakout potential must have BPS as a
> parameter.
---
Strange might seem at first sight,but in  light of
experimental evidence we must accept BPS rate
influence .About percantages and functionaI depedance
I can't tell anything specific.
There must be some kind of free cold discharge always
present  when local TC electrical field exceeds
28KV/cm ,but the problem appears to me that in some
cases ,even in a complete dark, we cannot  see any
signs of such discharge around toroid.
There is my beleif today that difference between 50
BPS and 100 BPS is more expressed than between 100 BPS
and 300 BPS,and almost no difference between 1000 BPS
and 300 BPS.
Careful experiments must be made for final decison.
---

> > Question improved E-Tesla program should answer
> to:
> > What max. toroid surface field corresponds to 400
> KV
> > voltage on THOR secondary?
>
> Definately. E-Tesla's field plotting will turn out
> to be the
> key to all this.
---
Agreed.
---

> > I think we can,althought some scopings on 250 Khz+
> > coils I saw in past ,displayed not so small
> > differences.
> > ---
>
> We could still produce useful conclusions if we
> restricted
> to coils with Fres < say 200 kHz ? To begin with
> anyway.
---
Paul,the best we can do here at moment to assume
simple average impedance of corona arc connecting  top
of resonator (somethig Terry has done with figures 1
pf/' ,200 kohm).
Growing of arc during TC operation is almost
impossible to simulate.Even the moment of transition
to stable leader state in case of TC is wraped in
enigma.
Personally,I have seen scoping of one particular
coil's top current that has shown incredible chaos
degree when discharged into air by thin wire put on
top terminal.
That's the why I give up in advance of any try to get
deep into generalisation of TC arcs dynamics.
Concentration to pre-disharging era of TC secondary
stay my main interest (unusual to hear that from the
mouth of spark junky)
---

> If we can demonstrate agreement with large low-Fres
> coils,
> that would give a baseline from which to explore the
> higher Fres regime.
---
Experiments,experiments ,and only experiments ..
--

> Looks like we need to devise experiments to measure
> the
> breakout potentials from large(ish) coils with
> smooth toroids
> at low BPS and compare these with ET predictions.

---
Positive

Regards,
boris