TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 19:48:29 -0600
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Toroid field stress

Hi All,

BOY!!  This has been a rough few days for finding E-Tesla6 bugs...

Thursday - They found the rail crash problem.
Friday - The primary higher than the secondary base problem.
Saturday - Stress grid does not scale to different measurement units

Its that darn metric system... :-))

Apparently, the stress array is scaled wrong by a factor of 2.54 when using
cm...  I tried it with mm and everything worked fine but the max stress is
~100 volts now... :-p  The stress output array was only used for plotting
pretty pictures before... :-))  Of course, "I" always used inches.  I knew
the voltage calculation array was right for other measurement systems but
thinking about the stress array had me worried...

Thus, the 600 array I did and got an answer of 10.2 kV should have been
10.2 x 2.54 = 25.9kV.  Mysteriously close to the 26kV we all though it
should be :-))

So It looks like E-Tesla6 may indeed be able to do this stress stuff for
our purposes with yet another minor revision.....