TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 12:10:29 -0600
Subject: Re: [TSSP] streamer formation modeling

Hi Marc,

I think video cameras capture at 30 frames per sec and then they interleave
the data for a choppy 15 fps.  And that is not counting the windows file
conversions...  At least with NTSC.  Some people have talked of using the
faster frame rate scientific video cameras which is what is really needed
here.  I have looked at my own videos and stuff just happens too fast for
me.  A really good high speed frame by frame video would be really useful.
Modifying a video camera is not easy at all and the real toys look pricey
to rent (not to meantion, blow up).

Marc's Video is in windows media player "wmv" format.  Probably does not
help unix or mac folks.  I can see it, but I can slow it down or capture it
to other formats or frame rates...

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/trigger.wmv

This high speed viedo capture may be a problem.  My digital camera does
MPGs which may be better.  I have never used that feature so I'll have to
read the instructions and stuff to see if that would be a useful thing.

Marc's observations are very interesting and important.  Wish I could see
them as well as he can :-))