TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 14:54:30 -0600
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Toroid field stress

HI Paul,

I am not the worlds greatest programmer.  However, another program could
setup the input.txt file, run E-Tesla6, and go get the voltage (with the
peak loop added to ET6).  Then it could change the input text file value
again and repeat over and over to scan the range of variables you wish.

I imagine a simple basic program could do that and run ET6 externally with
the "run" command?  I am not sure how to have one program run another
executable externally...  However, I am sure it can be done probably really
easily.

Of course, ET6 could probably be brought into another C program as a
subroutine too, but that is really getting over my head 0:-)  Even though I
know the basic logic behind ET6, all the other programmers that have worked
on it are the ones who really turned the "idea" into a working program...
The line numbers and "goto"s you see are leftovers from when I programmed
it :-))  Sarah left the labels in it so I would not get lost...

I could add the max voltage thing to ET6 easily.  Just trap the max value
is the grid is being written to the Soutput.xls file.  If you would know
the details above, You could probably set it up quickly.  The ET6 source
code is simple and plain so it compiles under UNIX easily.  Much of the
program could be removed or optimized for such a specific purpose...
However, the input and output file stuff (fluff) is really a small part of
the runtime on large grid sizes.

Let me know if I this sounds promising and I'll get ET6 fixed for it.
Would probably want to do some testing to find a reasonable grid size too.
Them 600 grids take forever to run!