TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 12:17:32 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Secondary in motion

The previous movie, which I've moved to

 http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/tfsm2-p-k=0.12.mpeg

is now joined by

 http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/tfsm2-p-k=0.20.mpeg

which results from the primary elevated by 10cm. In this one
the mode 3 is at around 10% amplitude, and the profile is
visibly more 'wriggley'.  I've kept the same time duration on
the X-axis, so we now have 1.5 beats in the picture, rather than
just one.

Might not be able to reach k=0.3 with your flat pri - I'll
move it up further and see.

Later I'll post up some more movies, only we'll use the gradient
dV/dx instead of V(x), and we'll make it quantitative by putting
in the Y axis calibrated in V/turn.

Thinking ahead, if we end up with lots of these movies, it would
be better to make up a Java applet to display them. Are there any
Java enthusiasts out there?  I've got enough on!